The P-2 visa is for group or individual artists temporarily performing in the US as part of a reciprocal exchange program. The US government must recognize the program, and the artist must have the same skill level as the participating US artists and entertainers.
- Qualification requirements are not as stringent as the O-1 visa or the P-1 visa.
- Dependents can stay in the US with a P-4 dependent visa.
- Essential personnel required to support the artist can also get a P-2 visa.
- Visa is initially valid for 1 year and can be extended yearly.
- P-2 visa holders can freely travel in and out of the US.
- A government-recognized reciprocal program is required.
- The artist’s skills must be comparable to a US counterpart participating in the program.
- The USCIS must approve a prior nonimmigrant petition.
3. P-2 Visa Requirements
- An exchange program where participants are of the same caliber and will be employed in similar conditions
- Artists must be highly experienced with skills similar to the US participants.
- A labor organization is involved in the reciprocal program’s negotiations.
- Essential persons joining the artist must perform critical roles that a US counterpart can’t do.
4. Additional Resources
When applying for a US artist visa, timely approval is crucial, especially when there’s a performance deadline ahead. To be quickly approved, artists and their agents must ensure they apply for the correct types and complete all the US artist visa requirements, especially the proof of an artist’s abilities. In recent years, the USCIS has nitpicked various reasons to deny cases, causing significant delays in visa applications.
Experienced visa lawyers, like Ramchand & Raval, can guide you throughout the nonimmigrant application process for higher chances of approval. Our immigration lawyers are known for helping individuals and businesses, along with artists and entertainers, get approved for their nonimmigrant petitions and visa applications.
Take advantage of our firm’s services. Schedule your consultation today.